Healthy skin is a goal that everyone should strive to achieve. The skin is the largest organ of the body and serves to protect the body from injury while also providing a beautiful cover. Skin does require regular maintenance in order to keep it beautiful and long lasting.
Is Moisturizing Important?
One part of a healthy skin regimen is moisturizers. Regardless of skin type, you need some degree of moisturizer to help it remain pliable and soft. Moisturizers also serve to add an additional layer of protection to the skin while also helping skin to regenerate and fight against disease, rashes, or other problems. Underneath the skin, moisturizers act to help it stay resilient.
Also read : 10 Celebrity Beauty Secrets You Must Swear By
Night Time Skin Care
Sleep is an important part of your body’s regenerative process. All organs turn to a state of rest in some form. Even your skin transitions to a state of rest while you sleep. This allows the body to regenerate quicker and recuperate from the day’s activities. Your skin is exposed to many factors throughout the day that could damage or deteriorate the skin. These factors include sun, wind, dust, dirt, chemicals, smoke, and even some types of make up or cosmetic products. An overnight skin care ritual can help your skin to stay beautiful and help damaged skin to regain its youth.
Ways to Start an Overnight Skin Care Routine
1) Identify your specific skin type, in order to better select products that will work to help your skin. The following are some general skin types, but please note that you may be a unique combination of several:
• Dry skin: A tight feeling and flakes are two very common traits for dry skin. You may also notice redness, itchiness, bumps, and smaller skin pores. Often, dry skin is a sign of dehydration or lack of proper nutrition, but sometimes it is simply genetics.
• Oily skin: The shiny look of oily skin is pretty easy to spot. When you touch the skin, you notice oil or moisture. Oily skin typically has larger skin pores and tends to have more acne or blemishes.
• Normal skin: A few lucky people have normal skin, which is smooth and has normal or small skin pores. Occasionally, even normal skin will get blemishes or a rash.
• Combination skin: Around the face and on other parts of the body, your skin can vary. Elbows and knees, for example, may have dry skin. However, the arms, neck, or certain parts of the face may have oily skin. Every person can have some degree of combination skin because parts of skin are exposed to the elements in different ways. Your forehead may have more sweat glands and could have oily skin, while your nose may have dry skin.
• Sensitive skin: This skin type can react adversely to certain chemicals, oils, or elements. Use caution when selecting products for sensitive skin, so that you avoid rashes, swelling, or harsh reactions.
Also read : 5 Tips for Faster Hair Growth
2) Cleansing your skin: The first step in your overnight skin care ritual should be to clean your skin. Select a cleanser that is safe for your skin type. You may also choose to use an exfoliating wash, but this should only be used once or twice a week. Follow the instructions for the cleanser carefully to properly clean your skin.
3) Inspect your skin: Get to know your skin by looking at it in a bright light. Avoid picking or scratching at your skin because you can cause more damage or infect the area. Do not squeeze or pop blemishes.
4) Toners or astringents: Depending on your skin type, you may choose to use a toner or astringent before moisturizing. This helps to deep clean the skin and open pores.
5) Rinse: Use a clean cloth and cool water to rinse your skin and prepare it for the moisturizer.
6) Moisturize: Select a moisturizer to use overnight. Even oily skin should have some type of moisturizer in order to help it regenerate and stabilize. Some people choose to use different moisturizers around the eyes to help reduce fine lines or wrinkles. The moisturizer will help to relax your skin at night and help in the rejuvenation process.
Your skin is important, so be sure to treat it right with proper skin care.
Latest posts by Mansi (see all)
- 20 Most Popular Wedding Hairstyles For Every Length - February 4, 2019
- The 10 Best Makeup And Cosmetic Bags For Every Budget - January 21, 2019
- 10 Cute Summer Outfits To Wear That Are Under Budget - January 21, 2019