I keep on finding new ways to make my hair look smooth and silky and at the same time don’t want to go for expensive chemical rich, products. Even a single spa sitting cost me 1000 bucks so that is also not an option for me. Recently I found a book on hair care and get my hands on some amazing homemade hair masks for lustrous locks. I tried few masks and they completely changed my hair texture. In this article, I am going to share the process of making those hair masks at home. Here you go:
Yogurt mask for smooth hair
This mask is perfect for dry and frizzy hair. Yogurt nourishes our hair from roots and also remove dead skin from the scalp. It works as a natural conditioner. Here is how to prepare the mask:
- Take 2 tsp of yogurt in a bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of honey and ¼ tsp coconut oil.
- Mix all the ingredients very well.
- Now massage it on your scalp and covering all your hair.
- Leave it for 20 minutes.
- Shampoo as you normally do.
Protein rich egg mask
The egg is rich in protein and so work great mainly for damaged hair. It moisture your dull hair and give back their lost shine.
- Beat 2 eggs in a bowl.
- Add 1tsp of olive oil and few drops of lemon juice.
- Now pour 1 cup of milk in the mixture.
- Apply the mask on your hair using a brush.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes with normal water and shampoo.
Banana hair mask for glossy hair
Banana gives your hair a new shiny as it is rich in antioxidants which is great for hair. I tried this mask and it made my dull hair silky and shiny.
- Take 1 banana, put it in the blender.
- Blend it really well in a form of smooth paste.
- Add 1tsp of coconut oil and 3 tsp of milk.
- Now apply this paste on your hair including tscalp.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes and wash.
Avocado mask to revitalize dull hair
This mask is great for dry and dull hair. Avocado is mainly famous for it’s hydrating and nourishing properties that helps in looking hair smooth and silky.
- Take 1 ripe avocado.
- Blend it until you see no plumps.
- Add 1 tsp of olive or almond oil.
- Add ¼ cup of milk.
- Protect your hair with shower cap and wash it off after 15 minutes.
Oatmeal mask for tangle free hair
Oatmeal mask is suitable for frizzy and dry hair. It makes your hair smooth and silky.
- Take 1 tsp of oatmeal in a bowl.
- Add 2tsp of chilled milk and olive oil.
- Apply the mask on your scalp and wash it off after 15 minutes.
Please share in comments which hair mask work for you. I will share more tricks to get silky hair in my next article.
Latest posts by Mansi (see all)
- 20 Most Popular Wedding Hairstyles For Every Length - February 4, 2019
- The 10 Best Makeup And Cosmetic Bags For Every Budget - January 21, 2019
- 10 Cute Summer Outfits To Wear That Are Under Budget - January 21, 2019